Today saw me set up a procrastination station where Black Bean and Oat cookies were on the go, and my thesis writing was not.
These little gems were totally worth the writing delay. With only SIX ingredients, and the use of a food processor, it was a pretty quick task to whip up these cookies – if you can call them cookies, mine are certainly more ball-like.
The two main ingredients are black beans and oats, both of which are super affordable without compromising nutrition in the slightest. Black beans and oats are rich in protein and fibre making them a little power house of goodness to keep you sustained throughout the day.
A word of warning: increased gas production may be an adverse side effect.
- 200g Porridge Oats – i used scotch oats
- 1 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 2 TBSP oil – i used vegetable oil but any oil not too rich in flavour will do the job
- 1 x 400g can Black Beans
- 1/2 Cup syrup – maple syrup, date syrup or honey will work a treat.
- 1/2 Cup of chocolate chippies
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Drain the can of black beans and rinse (rinsing not essential but recommended)
- Using a food processor, blend all ingredients EXCEPT the oats and chocolate chips
- Mix blended until relatively smooth, mix through the oats and chocolate chips by hand.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Use a TBSP to scoop the mixture into balls and place onto the tray.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes, take out of the oven and ENJOY.